Friday, October 15, 2010

Baby Mama Wanna Be


Mood: Ambiguous
Listening to: The First Nor’easter of the season blow the world around outside the windows

A very good friend of mine recently let me in on a little secret. She’s pregnant with her 4th baby. As she is a good friend of mine, the only thing to do was to suck in a deep breath and congratulate her. After all, I am happy for her. The only problem with the whole situation was the ugly shade of green I was turning. I’m talking like spinach type green here people…it was bad. 


The thing is, I would REALLY like to add to our family. The universe has blessed my husband and I with two beautiful, healthy (mostly anyhow) daughters, for which we are eternally grateful.  I am of the mind that I would like to have one more baby-type being in our house. My husband does not share the sentiment. He has some pretty strong reasons why we should not have another child, I have some equally positive ones why we should. Being the autocratic sweetie that he is, he has decreed that another child is out. So….I guess that’s that.  Only I’m completely unhappy with the way the entire discussion happened. I think the hardest thing about this is that it was not a one-time decision.  I rethink the whole issue every time my youngest grows out of a set of clothes, I see a friend’s baby, or hear about yet another pregnancy among my friends and classmates.  As an almost 30 year old, there are definitely no shortages of pregnancies among my friends and classmates.


It makes me rather sad that this kind of thing infringes upon my happiness for my friend. I would rather just be happy for her.

Becky

No comments: